The answer to the Oscars, the Razzies are for bad films and performances. As usual, I find no fault with this year’s nominees or decisions. I went out of my way to avoid the two films that dominated the awards this year. I am both happy at this, and sad. My crap detector has caused me to see far fewer bad films than in the past. This is not a good thing. One cannot completely appreciate great art unless you are exposed to garbage as well.
Here are the nominees and winners of this year’s Golden Raspberry! “Winners” in Green
A Tie! The stench from these 2 has become the stuff of legend, but my money, although I did not see it, would be on Fantastic Four. Maybe I will sneak it in one afternoon on Netflix. As a comic fan, I think it would only piss me off.
- Fantastic Four
- Fifty Shades of Grey
- Jupiter Ascending
- Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
I am smelling a trend.
- Johnny Depp, Mortdecai
- Jamie Dornan, Fifty Shades of Grey
- Kevin James, Paul Blart Mall Cop 2
- Adam Sandler, The Cobbler and Pixels
- Channing Tatum, Jupiter Ascending
Oh yes. It’s happening A sweep of the top three by 50 shades.
- Katherine Heigl, Home Sweet Hell
- Dakota Johnson, Fifty Shades of Grey
- Mila Kunis, Jupiter Ascending
- Jennifer Lopez, The Boy Next Door
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Mortdecai
WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR
I am torn here. Jupiter Ascending looked amazing, and Redmayne is a great actor. I must see this.
- Chevy Chase, Hot Tub Time Machine 2 and Vacation
- Josh Gad, Pixels and The Wedding Ringer
- Kevin James, Pixels
- Jason Lee, Alvin & The Chipmunks: Road Chip
- Eddie Redmayne, Jupiter Ascending
WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
No opinion on here either way. Did not see the films, nor do i watch her tv show. Alvin was doomed the minute I heard it was opening against Star Wars. The studio buried it there for a reason.
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting, Alvin & The Chipmunks: Road Chip and The Wedding Ringer
- Rooney Mara, Pan
- Michelle Monaghan, Pixels
- Julianne Moore, Seventh Son
- Amanda Seyfried, Love the Coopers and Pan
Hot Tub Time Machine 2 was pretty bad. FF must be terrible
- Alvin & The Chipmunks: Road Chip
- Fantastic Four
- Hot Tub Time Machine 2
- Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence)
- Paul Blart Mall Cop 2
WORST SCREEN COMBO
Jeeze. How bad were these 2? All the had to do was have kinky sex. The other nominees are hilarious though.
- All Four “Fantastics,” Fantastic Four
- Johnny Depp and His Glued-On Moustache, Mortdecai
- Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson, Fifty Shades of Grey
- Kevin James and EITHER His Segue OR His Glued-On Moustache, Paul Blart Mall Cop
- Adam Sandler and Any Pair of Shoes, The Cobbler
A directorial melt down SO BAD that it cost him a Star Wars gig. Epic.
- Andy Fickman, Paul Blart Mall Cop 2
- Tom Six, Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence)
- Sam Taylor-Johnson, Fifty Shades of Grey
- Josh Trank, Fantastic Four
- Andy and Lana Wachowski, Jupiter Ascending
I can believe this.
- Fantastic Four (screenplay by Simon Kinberg, Jeremy Slater and Josh Trank, Based on the Marvel comic book by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby)
- Fifty Shades of Grey (screenplay by Kelly Marcel, Based on the Novel by E.L. James)
- Jupiter Ascending (written by Andy and Lana Wachowski)
- Paul Blart Mall Cop 2 (screenplay by Kevin James & Nick Bakay)
- Pixels (screenplay by Tim Herlihy and Timothy Dowling, Story by Herlihy, Based on a Work by Patrick Jean)
RAZZIE REDEEMER AWARD
I 100% agree with all the nominations. I am also 100% behind the winner. Stallone did amazingly well this year!
- Elizabeth Banks (RAZZIE “Winner” for MOVIE 47, Multiple Hit Movies This Year)
- M. Night Shyamalan (Perennial RAZZIE nominee & “winner,” director of The Visit)
- Will Smith (For following up After Earth with Concussion)
- Sylvester Stallone (All-Time RAZZIE Champ, award contender for Cree